Essential Facts of Physiotherapy in Dogs & Cats
Item Number: VLLB003
A practical reference guide for practitioners, technicians and students.
- Detailed treatment plans for all indications
- Written almost entirely in point form
- 301 pages PLUS 45 minute DVD showing techniques & procedures
- 402 full color photos and illustrations
195 tables and charts
The book covers all topics relevant to physiotherapy including goals of physiotherapy, physiology/pathology, pain, physiotherapeutic examination, methods of physiotherapy, and indications (frequent orthopedic and neurological problems and their physiotherapeutic management). Also included is a 45 minute tutorial video DVD which explains in detail and slow motion every exercise and technique described in the book.
- Chapter 1 - Introduction to Small Animal Physiotherapy
- Chapter 2 - Basic Concepts of Physical Therapy
- Chapter 3 - Pathophysiology of Pain
- Chapter 4 - Examination of the Physical Therapy Patient
- Chapter 5 - Physiotherapy - What and How
- Chapter 6 - Indications, Classification according to location
- Chapter 7 - Economic Aspects of Physical Therapy
Contents of the DVD:
- Physiotherapeutic examination
- Exercise Therapy
- Extracorporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
- Underwater Treadmill
Lifelearn's practice license allows all team members to use the program and collect CE.
© 2004, 301pp, 4c photographs and illustrations, tables and charts, DVD with videos, paperback